Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, November 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master’s degree in Psychology or related discipline with 18 hours in Psychology;
2. Teaching experience in higher education;
3. Experience as an instructor with learning management systems within the past five years such as Moodle or Blackboard.
1. Experience advising students;
2. Experience teaching at a community college;
3. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
The Instructor, Psychology is responsible for teaching curriculum Psychology classes, advising students, and creating innovative teaching methodologies. The department supports the College’s mission by offering general education courses for all programs and all Psychology courses for transfer students. This position will focus on teaching face-to-face courses.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Develops and/or teaches courses for which the appropriate credential is held.
3. Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods.
4. Advises students.
5. Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
6. Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
7. Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
8. Enforces Code of Classroom Conduct and Code of Student Conduct.
9. Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
10. Attends meetings and events and actively participate on committees and taskforces.
11. Attends the annual commencement ceremony.
12. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
13. Supports diversity in all aspects.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.