- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, July 20, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Radiography or Radiologic Technology or a related field of study from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and registration, or equivalent, in radiography.
- Three (3) years experience in radiography clinical practice.
- One (1) year experience as an instructor in a JRCERT-accredited program.
- Master’s degree in radiology, radiologic science, or a related field of study from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Greater than three (3) years of experience in radiography clinical practice.
- Greater than one (1) year experience as an instructor in a JRCERT-accredited program.
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Experience in a community college setting.
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems.
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the instructional team.
The Radiography Clinical Coordinator/Instructor works in collaboration with the Radiography Program Director and the Dean of Health Sciences, to ensure a robust and relevant clinical experience for program students. This position also provides clinical instruction, customer service, data support, and documentation services in accordance with state and college regulations as well as external accreditation standards. In addition, the instructional responsibilities require a broad-based knowledge of the Radiography field which includes supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintain competency in their instructional field. This full-time faculty member maintains a teaching load in the Radiography Program with some administrative release time to carry out clinical coordinator administrative duties. This individual will primarily prepare for and teach clinical courses. Other courses may be assigned as needed in the Radiography curriculum. The faculty member must be able to instruct a wide variety of radiography related content.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact