- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, June 13, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Masters Degree with 18 graduate semester hours in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field from a regionally accredited university.
- One or more currently recognized certifications within the field of software development, such as: Certified C++ Associate Programmer (CPA), Certified C++ Professional Programmer (CPP), Oracle Certified Associate Java Programmer (OCAJP), Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer (OCPJP), Certified Entry Level Python Developer (PCEP), Certified Associate Python Developer (PCAP), etc..
- At least one year of industry experience in software development in either application, front end or back end developer.
- Current certifications within the fields of Information Technology. (Adobe Certified (ACE or ACP), App Development with Swift Certified User, Certified Internet Web Professional (CIW).
- Experience teaching at the community college and/or training in the software development.
- Experience and/or fundamental knowledge of programming in Python, Java, and/or C.
- Experience in back-end programming in digital media and/or mobile application development.
Instructor, Software Development provides accessible, quality learning experiences within the classroom, laboratory, clinical, and/or distance learning settings; facilitates the learning process to help students be successful; provides accurate, quality academic and career advisement for students; seeks professional development opportunities to implement best practices in teaching within their discipline area; maintains office hours according to institutional policy; completes required course assessments and documentation in an accurate and timely manner; attends college meetings, student activities, institutional functions; and contributes to the development of curriculum courses and programs.
Essential responsibilities and other duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans and delivers accessible, quality instruction that enhances student learning and ensures students’ understanding of course outcomes.
- Instructs 15-22 contact hours, in either curriculum, non-curriculum, or business and industry, each semester; prepares objectives, assignments, assessments, instructional and supplemental materials, grading standards, and attendance policies in accordance with college and department policies; develops course syllabi to be distributed; keeps online courses regularly updated; and begins and ends class as scheduled.
- Ensures the classroom environment (seated, online, or hybrid) is appropriate for diverse learners through equity and inclusion frameworks, such as Culturally Responsive Teaching, Design for Equity Learning, and Universal Design for Learning.
- Ensures availability for all students, in the classroom and through distance learning, by maintaining established office hours, offering availability by appointment, and responding to electronic communication appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Maintains and completes accurate records of student attendance and grades as indicated by institutional policy and submits all final reports accurately and timely.
- Remains knowledgeable with program and/or transfer requirements to deliver accurate, quality academic and career advising to students.
- Develops new courses and/or revises course content and outcomes in the area as needed; recommends appropriate course textbooks, supplies, software, and equipment; provides input into developing the program’s course sequence and the course schedule.
- Participates in institutional effectiveness processes, including program review, course outcome assessment, and grants; contributes to developing the division’s plans of action as needed.
- Participates in the academic program’s recruitment and retention efforts; reviews and provides recommendations for the program publications, webpage, publicity, and other community relations activities and events.
- Collaborates with colleagues to ensure quality instruction and the successful implementation of department and division goals, the college’s Strategic Plan, and state-wide initiatives.
- Supports collaboration with other divisions and departments to align comprehensive credit and non-credit courses and programs where appropriate.
- Attends workshops, seminars, and conferences; makes presentations to outside agencies as a representative of the college; researches and implements best practices in teaching in the assigned area of study; participates in thirty (30) hours of professional development activities each academic year, including required employee training offered by the college.
- Mentors part-time instructors to ensure quality instruction, measure course outcomes, develop outlines and assessments, and complete forms, grades, and attendance reports, if needed.
- Actively supports the college’s retention, progression, and completion initiatives, leading to success for all student learners.
- Supports the college’s mission, vision, and core values by adhering to all policies, procedures, and faculty guidelines.
- Serves on standing and ad hoc committees and focus groups; researches and develops recommendations related to academic and instructional programs; maintains contacts with business, industry, and professional organizations to keep instructional programs current.
- Participates in the development and delivery of public information efforts; supports college functions and cultural activities.
- Assists with inventory of programmatic equipment; assumes responsibility for labs and other facilities designated primarily for the assigned program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. The President or appropriate supervisory personnel may assign additional responsibilities. The college reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job titles with or without notice.
Job Post Contact
Executive Director, Human Resources
Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute
2855 Hickory Blvd.
Hudson, NC 28638
PH: (828) 726-2269