- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, March 19, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Surgical Technology or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
- Graduate of an accredited surgical technology education program by a nationally recognized programmatic accreditation agency
- Credential in the field of surgical technology through a national certification program that is accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA)
- Three years of experience, either in the operating room scrub role or as an instructor in surgical technology, or a combination of both within the last five years
- Post-secondary teaching and/or industry training experience in Surgical Technology curriculum in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
- Greater than three years of experience, either in the operating room scrub role or as an instructor in surgical technology, or a combination of both within the last five years
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Community College teaching experience
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the team as our new Instructor, Surgical Technology/Clinical Coordinator.
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
The full-time Instructor, Surgical Technology/Clinical Coordinator participates in the planning, implementation, evaluation, and revision of the program curriculum. This individual may also be assigned the responsibility of coordinating the efforts of a designated instructional team.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact