Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, September 23, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent;
2. Must have experience in either or a combination of industrial/manufacturing operations, technical or construction operations, technical industrial training, or equipment maintenance in an industrial business setting, or training in a higher education environment;
3. Must have programming, training, or operations work experience in computer-controlled machine operation or other equipment in an industrial environment;
4. Must have experience or certifications that demonstrate proficiency in all safety categories and OSHA regulations;
5. Must have the ability to obtain professional certifications as opportunities present themselves including First Aid/CPR, leadership certifications such as Achieve Global or DDI, Expert OJT, Lean Six Sigma Yellow/Green/Black Belt, etc.
1. Must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Machining, Tool and Die, or Computer-Integrated Machining;
2. Work experience or training in CNC and manual machining operations;
3. Work experience in programming, setup, and maintenance of PLCs;
4. Experience with equipment automation and systems integration;
5. Journeyman’s Card (completion of Apprenticeship);
6. Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent teaching experience;
7.. Experience with the tool, die, or mold making.
8. Experience with production machining.
9. Solid Works or Inventor experience, or CAM software.
10. Must have a minimum of three years of full-time or equivalent CNC programming experience;
11. Experience with Haas controllers;
12. Welding experience;
13. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Works closely with industrial clients and A-B Tech personnel to deliver technical training in an industrial, manufacturing environment. Assists with training equipment procurement, setup, utilization, and maintenance. Delivers technical manufacturing training in machining operations, coating, equipment operations, automation, and systems integration, quality, shop math, precision measurement, print reading, safety, machine controls, Lean principles, equipment maintenance.
1. Serves as a subject matter expert and assists with curriculum development efforts that are applicable to industrial client needs, and continuously evaluates and adapts curriculum as needed.
2. Assists in developing and implementing course objectives and lesson plans.
3. Delivers structured pre-hire assessment and training, and post-hire specific technical training related to machining operations, coating, equipment operations, automation, and systems integration, quality, shop math, precision measurement, print reading, safety, machine controls, Lean principles, equipment maintenance.
4. Assists with training equipment procurement, setup, utilization, and maintenance.
5. Assists with training schedule according to client needs and schedules.
6. Collaborates with adjunct and contract trainers.
7. Demonstrates flexibility in providing instruction in all programs.
8. Works with A-B Tech, industry clients, and other workforce professionals to develop and administer apprenticeship programming.
9. Assists with administrative components associated with industry client Customized Training Program projects as directed.
10. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and R.I.S.E. statement.
11. Supports diversity in all aspects.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.