Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
340 Victoria Road
Asheville NC 28801
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, September 20, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Associates Degree in Veterinary Medical Technology;
2. Five years of full-time or equivalent experience in the veterinary field.
1. Experience teaching in higher education.
2. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in Veterinary Medical Technology and advising for students pursuing the Associate of Veterinary Medical Technology.
Looking for someone to start immediately.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Develops and/or teaches courses for which the appropriate credential is held.
3. Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods.
4. Advises students.
5. Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
6. Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
7. Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
8. Enforces Code of Classroom Conduct and Code of Student Conduct.
9. Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
10. Attends meetings and events and actively participates on committees and taskforces, and supervises student clubs.
11. Attends the annual commencement ceremony.
12. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
13. Supports diversity in all aspects.
14. Establishes or upholds learning outcomes that are relevant and meaningful.
15. Evaluates student progress in a fair, consistent, and timely manner.
16. Develops, prepares, and/or delivers all levels of curriculum courses.
17. Completes required professional development annually.
18. Teaches all levels of courses within the Veterinary Medical Technology curriculum.
19. Supervises students in classroom, lab and clinical environments.
20. Assists the Chair with supervising the Adjunct Lab Assistants.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.