- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, June 26, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Diploma in Welding Technology from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution or the equivalent (e.g., journeyman apprentice) with the ability to attain an Associate’s Degree within 2 years of employment.
- Current American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector Certification or the qualifications/experience to attain it within one year of hire.
- 3 years of relevant industry experience as a welder.
- Experience with Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) and Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) applied to plate and pipe.
- Experience with oxy fuel cutting and other thermal cutting processes.
- Teaching experience or industry training experience.
- Associate’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
- Current welding certifications in Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) and Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) applied to plate and pipe.
- More than 3 years of relevant industry experience as a welder.
- Postsecondary teaching experience.
- Experience with the operation of robotic welding equipment.
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems.
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
Under general supervision, this individual will develop, prepare and teach welding courses designed for career technical programs while caring for and maintaining the welding facilities. Faculty will also be responsible for advising students and collaborating with industry partners to ensure relevancy of the curriculum.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact