- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, March 19, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Masters of Nursing degree in Education from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Current unrestricted license or multistate license privilege to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina.
• Valid North Carolina Driver’s License.
• 3 years of full-time experience in clinical nursing practice as a registered nurse.
• 3 years of full-time post-secondary teaching experience to include both didactic and clinical modalities in a board approved nursing program.
• Experience with state board of nursing and national accreditation guidelines applicable to clinical requirements.
• Experience conducting complex scheduling for employees or students, e.g. nursing unit schedules or student clinical rotation schedules.
• Doctoral degree in nursing education administration or education from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Greater than 3 years of full-time experience in clinical nursing practice as a registered nurse.
• Greater than 3 years of full-time post-secondary teaching experience to include both didactic and clinical modalities in a board approved nursing program.
• Community college teaching experience.
• Experience as a clinical coordinator in a nursing program.
• Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
• Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems.
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the instructional team.
The Instructor/Clinical Coordinator, Nursing Programs works in collaboration with the Director of Nursing, to ensure a robust and relevant clinical experience for program students. This position also provides clinical instruction, customer service, data support and documentation services in accordance with state and college regulations as well as external accreditation standards. In addition, the instructional responsibilities require a broad-based knowledge of the Nursing field which includes supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. This full-time faculty member maintains a teaching load in the Nursing Programs with some administrative release time to carry out clinical coordinator administrative duties.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact