Alamance Community College
Closes: Friday, July 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- BA/BS in a relevant field and experience working with adult learners
- Experience with curriculum design and implementation
- Demonstrated outstanding communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed for recruitment and intake
- Excellent technical skills including ability to work in Google Suites
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The ESOL program at Alamance Community College is looking for a part-time
coordinator (20-25 hours) for our Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education program. The
IELCE program offers English language acquisition and civics instruction concurrently with high
demand occupational training. This provides students the opportunity to improve their English
language and occupational skills and advance to career pathways in meaningful and well paying
work. This is a grant funded position. Work schedule allows some flexibility.
Example of Duties
- Supervise current courses to ensure all components of the IELCE program are met.
- Assist in coordinating off site classes.
- Create course offerings in new career pathways and develop contextualized curriculum.
- Outreach and recruit new students.
- Develop and collaborate with strategic employer partnerships and community resources.
- Facilitate cross training of ESOL and occupational instructors.
- Assist in intake, registration and orientation of students.
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application. Transcript MUST be scanned and attached in order to be considered for this position!