- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, May 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate's in a related field AND experience in the related trades.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of an earned Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or in a related field.
- Knowledge and experience with both hand drawn drafting techniques as well as industry software programs such as AutoCAD, Sketchup, and Revit.
- College or university teaching experience
- Experience with online instructional platforms such as Blackboard
CCCC is recruiting for an Adjunct daytime instructor for ARC 111 – Introduction to Architectural Technology on the Chatham Main Campus in Pittsboro. The primary intent of this course is to:
- Introduce basic architectural drafting techniques; use of architectural and engineer scales; and various drawing techniques
- Introduce students to the "language of architecture" via exposure to all four phases of construction document development as well as basic drawing types including site plans, floor plans, elevations, sections, and details
- Offer overview information about architectural design styles, and, in particular, sustainable design concepts.
The purpose of an adjunct instructor at the Central Carolina Community College is to ensure maximum student learning. The instructor accomplishes this by presenting discipline specific learning outcomes through lecture, demonstration, projects, assignments, appropriate classroom management, etc. and by providing authentic student assessment that documents learning has occurred.
- The successful candidate will plan, implement and instruct course content in a student-centered learning environment.
- Provide instruction and hands-on training for students in a classroom and lab setting.
- Maintain accurate documentation required for students and instructors for the course.
- Keep current with information and skills in teaching field.