Closes: Monday, February 18, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree, required; preferably in Networking, Information Technology, or related field
- Additional training in software applications and operating environments, preferred
- Two years’ experience in field, preferred
Statement of Primary Purpose
In support of the overall Learning College, the Help Desk Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical support for all students by phone, email or face to face with their technology issues related to their College Email, Learning Management System, Patriot Port, Online Orientation, Microsoft Active Directory, Internet and general Windows questions.
- Serve as the first point of contact for students seeking technical assistance over the phone or by email.
- Provide technical assist to all students with questions or problems associated with their Moodle, Student Email and Patriot Port accounts.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to request received through the IT helpdesk.
- Process all new Network Access Forms from HR to generate new user accounts in Datatel for Students, Faculty, Staff and Adjuncts and maintain all End of Access forms and responsible for filing those in the System Administrator office.
- Support the role of the Moodle Administrator and serve in a backup capacity when the Coordinator of Technology-Enhanced Learning is absence and during peak times.
- Provide faculty and staff with troubleshooting of computer related issues such as virus/phishing removal, password resets/email setup/software installs.
- Maintain accurate records of completed and pending jobs using Dell KACE ticketing system.
- Walk the student through the problem-solving process and offer suggestions and resources.
- Direct unresolved technology issues to the appropriate IT team members.
- Work effectively with faculty and staff to resolve issues related to student email, Moodle, Patriot Port, student enrollment in online courses, and other technical issues that might arise
- Perform routine account maintenance functions related to maintaining the Learning Management System and student email accounts
- Participate in the developing and maintain training materials and procedures for student technology.
- Other duties, as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of the mission, history, current programs, services, and goals of Isothermal Community College
- Excellent Customer Service Skills, Ability to Communicate Effectively to help customers fix their issues and feel satisfied with the experience
- Proficient in current Windows operating systems Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Mac OS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office O365 Suite, Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Skype for Business
- Excellent computer inventory and tracking skills
- Demonstrated knowledge using the following: projectors, smart boards, desktops, laptops and tablets
- Proficient knowledge of Dell KACE imaging software and cloning for software distribution, patches and updates
- Experience with adding printers to local area network using Active Directory
- Ability to employ troubleshooting techniques, including the ability to differentiate between hardware and software issues
- Experience using Datatel program
- Knowledge of computer terminology
- Ability to work well with others
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to learn and upgrade job skills in order to meet changing demands of the position/field
How to Apply
Job Post Contact