Blue Ridge Community College, Flat Rock, North Carolina
Closes: Friday, January 15, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Come Join Our TEAM!
Blue Ridge Community College is currently seeking applications for a full-time IT Media Services Specialist. The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical support to faculty, staff, and students and operate, install and maintain, video conference, and media services technologies.
Position requires second shift work. Typical work schedule M-F 10 – 7, occasional weekends.
Education: Associates Degree in a technology-related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Two or more years of IT experience preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency in support of Windows and Mac PC’s
• Strong knowledge of LAN, Internet Protocol network technologies
• Experience in the support of technology within a higher education environment
• A demonstrated positive and proactive approach in identifying problems, creating innovative solutions, and managing projects
• Proven ability to deal effectively, cooperatively, and tactfully with students, business/industry, government, and community representatives/citizens, faculty, staff, administrators
• Industry recognized certifications in desktop and server support such as Microsoft Certified Professional or in network administration such as Cisco CCNA
• Knowledge of software and systems used in North Carolina Community Colleges
Knowledge and Skills:
The ideal person will possess strong personal and professional integrity, effective verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, database systems, College email and website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
Physical Demands: The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact