Flat Rock, NC
Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Provide technical support to faculty, staff and students and operate, install and maintain, video conference and media services technologies
Why it’s Important
The Blue Ridge team is excited by every opportunity to be creative, innovative, and engaging. We do this by working alongside our staff to ensure we provide a modern, technologically advanced institution for the community. We are here to support our Students to ensure they reach their highest potential. Our team engages with the community to ensure that we are consistently meeting standards and then rising above them. Guiding students along their educational journey is our calling and we are looking for like-minded teammates to help us serve our community. Whether a student is entering the workforce for the first time, entering a new profession, or just expanding their knowledge, we are here to provide the necessary tools to accomplish all their goals. Working together, no elevation is too high, and no summit is unreachable.
What You'll be Doing
Serve as a member of the IT Help Desk by providing in person and remote technical support to assist employees and students with technical questions
Open and facilitate video conference (ITV) classrooms and operate online video sessions for instructors and/or students.
- Maintain the daily operational functions of the video conference classrooms and software systems
- Maintain software and hardware of classroom and employee computers including physical placement of equipment and employing cable management
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to desktop and laptop computers, printers, telephones, online services, and other IT systems
- Support audio visual and IT needs for on campus events as needed
- Document support requests and resolutions using electronic issue tracking systems
- Perform user administration using Microsoft Active Directory
- Create and maintain training and usage documentation for software applications
- Support a variety of technologies including Windows and Macintosh computers, tablet computers, and software applications such as Microsoft Office
- Perform common network administration tasks such as port configuration, VLAN assignment and firmware updates on LAN and WLAN infrastructure
- Maintain accurate network and change management documentation
Ensure compliance and confidentiality with all policies and procedures of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable State and Federal agencies.
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser to apply directly on our website.
High School or Equivalency Diploma, Associates degree preferred
2 or or more years of IT experience required
- Demonstrated proficiency in support of Windows and Mac PC’s
- Strong knowledge of LAN, Internet Protocol network technologies
- Experience in the support of technology within a higher education environment
- A demonstrated positive and proactive approach in identifying problems,
creating innovative solutions and managing projects
- Proven ability to deal effectively, cooperatively and tactfully with students, business/industry, government and community representatives/citizens, faculty, staff, administrators
- Industry recognized certifications in desktop and server support such as Microsoft Certified Professional or in network administration such as Cisco CCNA
- Knowledge of software and systems used in North Carolina Community Colleges
Skills and the Know-How
The ideal person will possess strong personal and professional integrity, effective verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, database systems, College email and website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution
How to Apply
Job Post Contact