Flat Rock, NC; Henderson County
Closes: Monday, July 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Blue Ridge Community College is located in Henderson County; Flat Rock North Carolina. Presently we are accepting applications for an IT Specialist. The purpose is to provide technical support to faculty, staff and students and assist with common network administration tasks.
Associates Degree in a technology related field, Bachelor’s preferred.
Minimum of Associates degree and 2 years of technical support experience required or a Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of technical support experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in Windows desktop and server administration
• Strong knowledge of LAN, Wireless and Internet Protocol network technologies
• Experience in the support of technology within a higher education environment
• A demonstrated positive and proactive approach in identifying problems, creating innovative solutions and managing projects
• Proven ability to deal effectively, cooperatively and tactfully with students, business/industry, government and community representatives/citizens, faculty, staff, administrators
• Industry recognized certifications in desktop and server support such as Microsoft Certified Professional or in network administration such as Cisco CCNA
• Knowledge of software and systems used in North Carolina Community Colleges
• Strong knowledge of Macintosh OS
Knowledge and Skills:
The ideal person will possess strong personal and professional integrity, effective verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, database systems, College email and website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact