Located on the OCH Campus in Monroe, NC, but will involve travel between all SPCC locations.
Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three or more years of IT security and computer support or related experience
• Thorough knowledge of IT security fundamentals and best practices
• Thorough knowledge and working understanding of penetration tests and vulnerability scans
• Thorough knowledge of performing risk assessments on IT systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Technology or related field
• IT security related certifications such as Security+, CISSP, etc.
• Experience with Cisco/Palo Alto Firewalls
• Experience with an enterprise class Endpoint Security Protection product that provides anti-virus, anti-malware, and anti-ransomware protection
• Experience with maintaining PCI DSS compliance for credit card payment machines operated by the college and the college’s onsite vendors
• Experience in maintaining network security through proper configuration of VPN, IDS/IPS and Firewalls
• Experience with Visio network diagramming
• Experience in an educational environment
• Demonstrated flexibility to changing priorities
• Ability to prioritize, schedule, and meet deadlines
The ITS Security Administrator is a full-time, 12-month position located on the OCH Campus in Monroe, NC, but will involve travel between all SPCC locations. Under the direction of the Director of Infrastructure Support, the ITS Security Administrator is responsible for supporting and maintaining IT security systems in the organization by providing installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and resolution of hardware, software, and communication issues as well as developing new system designs.
Essential Job Duties:
• Performs monitoring of security systems to ensure they are available for college business in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
• Troubleshoots and provides remedies to network security problems for internal and remote users.
• Recommends and installs upgrades and new applications and equipment.
• Documents and maintains system configurations for disaster recovery.
• Educates faculty, staff, and students on IT security best practices.
• Ensures college IT systems and devices comply with NC Community College IIPS security standards.
• Will be required to work outside of normal business hours, primarily in the event of an emergency or implementation of new systems/upgrades which will need to be done after hours.
• On-call support that may involve night or weekend coverage as assigned.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Uses intuition and experience to complement data.