Morehead City, NC
Closes: Saturday, July 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High school diploma or equivalent
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the horticultural principles and practices applicable to landscaping, maintenance, and upkeep of grounds, flowers, and shrubs.
- Knowledge grounds maintenance and repair of equipment associated with landscape maintenance.
- The employee is regularly required to use power tools and hand tools.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, use arms and legs, fingers and hands, climb ladders, and crawl in small, confined spaces.
- Ability to exert, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and work in elevated locations up to 50 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, peripheral and color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
- Valid N.C. driver’s license.
- Possess or have the ability to acquire a NC pesticides license within first 12 months of employment.
See minimum qualifications.
A Landscape Maintenance Technician performs daily landscape maintenance for Carteret Community College.
Examples of essential duties include:
- Participates in all operations and facilities functions as directed.
- Takes direction from the Landscape Maintenance Supervisor and performs landscape maintenance duties as directed, excavates areas, removes and plants a wide variety of nursery stock, mows, trims, edges, blows, mulches, removes weeds and sprays herbicides and pesticides.
- Removal of trash and debris from the lawn, empting designated trash and ash receptacles.
- Maintains hard and permeable driving and parking surfaces.
- Completes landscape maintenance work orders assigned.
- Maintains and repairs small engine equipment.
- Ensures workplace safety and sound environmental practices.
- Performs storm preparedness. Participates in clean up, snow and ice removal.
- Attend monthly departmental meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Apply online at www.carteret.edu. Applications will be accepted through July 31, 2021.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer. Job offers are conditional subject to a satisfactory background check.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557