This position will vary depending on class needs.
Closes: Monday, August 8, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s degree in field related to area of assignment and four (4) years of progressive responsibility in area of assignment; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Individual must hold and maintain NC Office of EMS Level I instructor credential and NC Emergency Medical Technician.
- NC EMT or Paramedic
- Bachelor’s Degree in EMS or related field
- Level II NCOEMS instructor certification
- Instructor certifications in: BCLS
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Experience in online teaching, Blackboard course design and FISDAP
The Lead EMT instructor will be the lead instructor for the assigned EMT classes. Responsibilities will include teaching EMT and other EMS courses; developing course syllabi and instructional materials; maintaining instructional records; recruiting, advising and retaining students.