Lead Faculty, Welding (12 Month)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, April 27, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associates Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Welding or related field.
- 1 year of relevant industry experience as a welder
- Experience with Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) and Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Current AWS qualification or equivilent
- Current AWS CWI qualification or commit to completing this in one year from hire date
- Strong computer skills and commitment to the use of technology in instruction.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others in a team environment.
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college
- Ability to maintain high level of sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies: Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action Collaborating and facilitating
Creating and innovating
Anticipating and responding to change Providing vision and leadership Assessment of student learning
- Engagement and assessment of successful student retention models
- AWS certified including Certified Welding Inspector
- Fabrication, CNC plasma and/or waterjet cutting, automated welding, and machining experience
- Teaching experience in a community college or related work experience.
- Experience with online instruction.
Davidson-Davie Community College is an award-winning institution known for a commitment to excellence and student success. The College is dedicated to providing a high quality education designed to prepare students to live and work in an increasingly interconnected world. To this end, Davidson Davie Community College celebrates the value of a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Davidson-Davie Community College faculty and staff are passionate about equity and our responsibility to work with each unique student to support them in successfully attaining their goals.
Davidson-Davie Community College benefits and other resources make it possible to excel both professionally and personally. We are a dynamic community that supports and celebrates the success of all of its members. The future is here!
Primary responsibilities for the Lead Faculty, Welding, include designing and implementing learning strategies for students in the program; developing course syllabi and instructional materials; maintaining instructional records; student recruitment, mentoring, counseling and retention; developing and evaluating courses, programs and services; managing program and administrative duties; participating in College activities and committees; and other duties which support the mission and initiatives of the College. The Lead Faculty facilitates program effectiveness processes, including outcomes, organization, administration, continuous review, planning and development. This position is a 12-month position reporting to the Division Chair of Professional Technical Programs. The position includes day, evening and weekend instruction in traditional and hybrid learning environments.
Additionally, as a full-time faculty position at Davidson-Davie Community College, efforts are focused on teaching and learning, academic excellence and student success. The successful candidate will demonstrate openness to new ideas, a flexible mindset that allows changes necessary to meet student needs, and a positive attitude focused on moving the program forward. Other critical qualities for success include a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and students, including exceptional communication skills. tn addition, a faculty member is responsible for engaging in professional development and promoting the College mission, vision, and values.