- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, September 21, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
At least one of the following:
- Post-secondary Certificate or Diploma in Boat Building from a regionally accredited institution
- Post-secondary Certificate or Diploma in Boat Manufacture and Service from a regionally accredited institution
- Post-secondary credential from a regionally accredited institution and 5 years experience in the boat manufacturing
Three years’ experience in the boat building field or experience teaching at community college or a combination thereof.
Diploma in Boat Building or Boat Manufacture and Service or closely related field of study from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
Experience as a department chair or lead instructor for Boat Building or Boat Manufacture and Service in an education setting or supervisory experience in the boat building industry.
Full time 11-month faculty position teaching courses in Boat Building and/or Boat Manufacture and Service. Lead, oversee, and participate in the work of faculty responsible for providing classroom and laboratory instruction. Perform a variety of administrative tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility. Create, monitor, gather, and interpret assessment data for the department and plan improvements based on assessment data. Teaching assignments may include day, evening, online, hybrid, NCIH, off-campus, and lab-based sections. This individual will also participate in course and curriculum design, serve on college committees, advise and register students, maintain office hours, and fulfill all the duties and responsibilities of faculty as required. Flexibility and willingness to change depending upon the needs of the students or the institution.
Under the direction of the Dean of Business, Technology, and Public Services, the Lead Instructor – Boat Building works cooperatively with BCCC faculty/staff to perform the following:
• Exhibit an understanding and acceptance of the “open door” philosophy of Beaufort County Community College.
• Ensure that instruction for all programs or courses in the areas of Boat Building and Boat Manufacture and Service are provided by highly qualified faculty.
• Incorporate innovative and creative teaching techniques where desirable.
• Develop competency-based course outlines, behavioral objectives, and learning cycles for courses taught, and reviewing as scheduled.
• Develop and distribute syllabi for each course taught.
• Be responsible for administrative aspects related to FTE reports, end-of -semester reports, grades, attendance, and book orders.
• Present any problems, suggestions, and recommendations for improving instructional services to the appropriate Dean.
• Maintain availability on campus a minimum of thirty hours per week, including teaching, committees, advising, and office hours and maintain an up-to-date schedule of availability.
• Advise students in program area, assist students with registration as appropriate, and monitor progress of advisees towards credential attainment.
• Refer students to the appropriate campus resources for academic needs, counseling, student supports, or financial concerns.
• Assist in the selection of learning resources in appropriate subject area(s) and encourage students to use these materials.
• Serve as a faculty advisor-sponsor to student activities, organizations, and/or clubs.
• Attend commencement exercises.
• Serve on committees and fulfill assignments.
• Attend all faculty meetings as scheduled by the Dean, VPAA, or President.
• Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned by the appropriate Dean or VPAA.
• Participate in professional development activities designed to enhance job skills and knowledge, as agreed upon by the employee and supervisor.
• Interact with students, the public, the community, and co-workers in a cooperative, courteous and professional manner.
• Develop schedule of courses within program area to ensure timeliness of graduation for students in the program.
• Order necessary supplies and materials as related to their instructional area.
• Comply with the college’s policies and procedures.