Lead Instructor, Truck Driver Training Program (12 Months)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- Minimum HS Diploma/GED
Required kind and number years of work experience:
- A current Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with a clean driving record.
- 5+ years of experience as a commercial driver or similar role.
- Ability to effectively plan and deliver instruction, including hands-on training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in using a computer for daily operations.
- Ability to evaluate student performance and provide constructive feedback.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Passion for teaching and a commitment to student success.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must possess KSA’s required to provide oversight of a regional CDL Training program including, but not limited to curriculum design/delivery, equipment management and maintenance.
Required license or certificate:
- CDL required
- Teaching experience at the community college or four-year college. On-line teaching experience - Full or Part Time
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
Central Community College is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual to join our team as the Lead CDL Instructor. This person will play a crucial role in providing top-notch instruction and guidance to students in the college’s Truck Driver Training Program, a registered Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) provider through the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). The instructor will be responsible for preparing and delivering lesson plans, assessing student progress, and maintaining a safe and productive learning environment.
Lead Instructor will supervise part-time/adjuncts for Central Carolina Community College. Responsibilities include student recruitment, recruitment of instructors, planning and implementing the assignment of instructors to training sites, training instructors, and providing inputs to management as needed for revising the curriculum materials and standards.
Incumbent will be housed at Central Carolina Community College.
Position may be required to travel between service regions of Central Carolina, Sandhills, and Randolph Community Colleges.
Salary depends on education and experience.
Vocational Degree $53,672 - $63,708
Associate's Degree $54,419 - $63,708
Bachelor's Degree $57,656 - $67,427
Master's Degree $60,529 - $70,055
This is a grant-funded position. Continuation of position is contingent upon grant funds.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan and deliver instruction in the CDL Training program, ensuring that all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) requirements are met.
- Provide hands-on training in the operation of commercial motor vehicles, including pre-trip inspections, basic vehicle control, on road driving.
- Maintain an organized and well-equipped training environment, ensuring that all equipment is properly functioning and that students have access to the tools and materials they need.
- Ensure that all equipment and training materials meet FMCSA standards and requirements.
- Assist in managing equipment maintenance schedules
- Evaluate student performance, provide feedback, create and grade assignments and exams.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance, performance, and other relevant data, as required by the FMCSA and the college.
- Stay updated on industry developments and regulatory changes, incorporating relevant information into course instruction.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and standards, including those set by the FMCSA.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that supports student success and encourages creativity and critical thinking.
- Collaborate with other instructors and staff to promote the growth of the CDL Training program and the college.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Lead Truck Driving Instructor will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources
1105 Kelly Drive, Sanford, NC 27540