- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, August 16, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
License or Certificate:
Current unencumbered North Carolina RN license; ability to obtain an appropriate valid, instructor certification in the Nurse Aid I and Nurse Aide II.
- NA I and CNA II scope of practice as written by the NCBON and DHSR
- North Carolina State mandated curriculum for the NA I and CNA II programs
- Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations
- The mission, goals and objectives of CVCC.
- Principles and techniques to enhance various learning styles of adult students in class/lab/clinical settings.
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Principles and procedures for record keeping.
- to contribute to the growth of the academic mission, goals and objectives of CVCC
- establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication with students, peers, supervisors, adjunct faculty, clinical agencies and community personnel verbally and in writing.
- explain and assure compliance with federal, state, local and college rules and regulations for NA I and CNA II programs
- use modern office equipment efficiently, computer, copier, fax, etc.
- perform physical requirements as stated in Physical Conditions
- explain departmental policies and procedures
- work independently in absence of supervision
- provide classroom instruction to students
- maintain accurate records
Office, classroom, lab, clinical site environments; working closely with others; periodically working irregular hours. Occasional travel may be necessary.
See minimum qualificatinos
- Class, lab and clinical instruction for NA I & CNA II areas;
- Assist in the selection and recommendation of qualified instructors for employment and coverage for the above classes.
- Instruct classes, labs and clinical as needed.
- Assist with student pre-testing and registration.
- Assist with organizing and scheduling NA I, NA II, Medication Aide, and I classes offered by CVCC in accordance with the NC Community College System, North Carolina Board of Nursing and Division of Facility Services Regulation guidelines.
- Assist with record audits and maintenance of program forms and records relative to NA I and CNA II classes as mandated by the Division of Health Services Regulation and the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Participate in the program's efforts to recruit and retain students.
- Participate in the review and assist with revisions of program guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Attend various meetings, seminars and conferences; stay abreast of new developments in the assigned area of study.
- Assist with ordering, maintaining, stocking and delivering supplies for NA I, CNA II, Medication Aide programs at all sites as needed.
- Assist with supply inventory and arrangement as needed.
- Assist in finding and scheduling substitutes/team instructors.
- Assist with orientation of new faculty and other faculty in need of guidance.
- Assist with preparation for federal, state or college survey and audit.
- Assist with program record keeping as outlined by state, federal and college guidelines.