This position may be assigned to any of the college's three main campus: Lee Main Campus in Sanford, Harnett Main Campus in Lillington, or Chatham Main Campus in Pittsboro.
Closes: Friday, December 20, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in related field (IST, Programming, PC Tech), AND
- Five years' experience in related computer field.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal in work order system.
- Must be highly detail-oriented and organized with good analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Must display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
The Lead IT Support Technician's role is to support and maintain in-house computer
systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required. This position supports and guides the IT Technician team.
This position may be assigned to any of the college's three main campus: Lee Main Campus in Sanford, Harnett Main Campus in Lillington, or Chatham Main Campus in Pittsboro. Travel between all college sites will be required
Essential Duties:PC Maintenance
- Performs general maintenance tasks, troubleshoots and repairs computer systems and peripheral equipment throughout the organization.
- Includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance for all of the colleges' computers and peripherals.
- Responsible for installation of all software for all faculty, staff, and classrooms.
- Responsible for movement form documentation for all computers & peripherals.
- Responsible for calling Manufacturer tech support for computer & peripheral repair, maintenance or returns.
Lead IT Support Technician duties
- Administer Microsoft SCCM Imaging System.
- Customer Support.
- Provide assistance for the Helpdesk when needed.
- Communicate with staff and faculty regarding hardware and software issues.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.