Closes: Friday, August 24, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma or equivalent, AND
- At least three (3) years experience in Commercial Facilities Maintenance
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Training and/or experience in the operation of maintenance and custodial equipment.
2. Basic electrical, plumbing, HV AC, & construction skills with experience in commercial facilities.
3. Training and/or experience in the operation of grounds keeping equipment.
4. Ability to perform duties without direct supervision.
5. Ability to lift at least 75lbs.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. Ability to supervise others
8. Knowledge of and the ability to use basic tools to make necessary repairs to facility.
9. Electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and construction skills and experience.
Associate Degree in Industrial Systems or Industrial Maintenance preferred.
The Lead Maintenance & Facilities Set-Up Technician position is responsible for maintaining the Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center building, facility equipment, and grounds. This position supervises part-time building attendants, set up crews, and custodial employees. For more information about the Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center, see our website at http://www.dawcc.com.
- Ensure that Building Attendants cleaning includes but is not limited to:
- Restroom cleaning
- Window washing
- Stripping and waxing floors
- Mopping, dusting and vacuuming
- Empty trash cans daily
- Carpet cleaning
- Maintain signage current - inside and outside
- Maintain an adequate supply of part time employees that can be scheduled to assist in the preparation and clean up of events.
- Supervise building attendants. Ensure that all work is performed in a safe and timely manner. Provide evaluations and personal development documents for each attendant.
- Prepare weekly work schedule for building attendants and part time personnel.
- Work closely with event contacts to determine event set-up and needs.
- Be able to frontline troubleshoot systems and equipment problems and maintain all facility equipment. Assume responsibility for repairing broken or damaged equipment.
- Communicate with Facility Coordinator on a daily basis regarding upcoming and potential events as well as informing of event problems and outcome of recent events.
- Maintain adequate supply of cleaning materials, trash bags and other needed items.
- Meet and greet the public in a professional manner.
- Coordinate the removal of snow and ice from steps, sidewalks and parking areas.
- Supervise events from the preparation to the clean up. Always make sure building is secure after all functions.
- Be flexible and willing to work irregular hours and weekends if event load or staffing needs require.
- Maintain building grounds. Ensure that grass is mowed, weed eating, edging, pruning/trimming hedges, bushes and general upkeep are maintained. Keep parking area clean. Assure that the movable walls are maintained and safe.
- Be familiar with building: lighting, sound and HV AC controls.
- Enforce and request that Building Attendants thoroughly clean administrative offices on a daily basis.
- Maintain a regular inventory of all kitchen supplies, audiovisual and electronic sound equipment.
- Provide a safe building environment for employees, clients and guests.
- Ensure that all emergency equipment is functioning properly at all times and is unobstructed.
- Keep facility looking presentable at all times.
- Advise college maintenance of facility and equipment problems on a regular basis using work order procedure.
- Maintain proper paperwork, documentation and follow up on events and supervised building attendants.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director, Maintenance Supervisor, or Physical Plant Manager.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources