Closes: Friday, June 2, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science/Studies from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited institution.
- 3 years of experience teaching research skills and information literacy in an academic library.
- 3 years of experience designing and developing informal and formal content using various learning tools.
- Experience teaching online.
- Experience teaching information literacy concepts to students.
- See above for minimum requirements
- Greater than 3 years of experience teaching research skills and information literacy in an academic library.
- Greater than 3 years of experience designing and developing informal and formal content using various learning tools.
- Experience creating and assessing student learning outcomes.
- Experience using LibGuides software and the LibApps platform.
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of North Carolina Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color.
We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the team as our new Instructional Librarian.
The Instructional Librarian will work under the direct supervision of the Library Director. This student-focused librarian will create, develop and facilitate information literacy sessions. In addition, this role will collect and analyze statistical data, participate in library outreach along with providing suggestions for collection development and acquisitions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as a willingness to work cooperatively.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact