522 N. Old Carriage Road, Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Closes: Saturday, July 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High school diploma or higher. Outstanding customer service skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience with online information systems and office computer programs such as Word and Excel. Attention to details. Strong organizational skills. Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as collaboratively. Positive team player in support of the library and the college.
- Hear and speak for customer service and collaborative work.
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk; reach with hands and arms; grasp, hold, and pass objects; push book carts; sit and stand on step stools, and move tables and chairs.
- Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various office equipment including adding paper and toner to printers and clearing paper jams
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Associate’s Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution. Previous volunteer or work experience in a library setting. Demonstrated experience assisting others with online information searches and basic computer questions.
Provides library public service and performs technical library work.
- Process interlibrary loan requests; lending and borrowing.
- Provide library service:
- Registering library borrowers and issuing library cards.
- Charging and discharging library materials.
- Collecting library fines and fees.
- Assisting patrons in the location and use of library resources.
- Assisting patrons with basic computer questions (Microsoft Office, Moodle, etc.).
- Shelve library materials, shift items, and shelf read for proper order.
- Search for missing library materials.
- Process new issues of serials, magazines, journals, and newspapers.
- Collect and enter library data for reports.
- Open and/or close the library facility using established procedures.
- Assists with library programs and events.
- Participates in and support ongoing library assessment, planning, and evaluation to improve collections and services.
- Participates in professional development activities provided by the State Library and other institutions and organizations.
- Keep current with emerging library technologies and trends.
- Participate in professional development activities provided by NCC.
- Participate in College events and activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of NCC.
- Serve on various committees as assigned.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.