Closes: Monday, August 8, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- An Associate’s degree in Library and Information Technology or a related field.
Required kind and number years of work experience:
- A minimum of 2 years library experience, preferably in a community college setting.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Docs Editor Suite
- Experience in library acquisitions.
- Experience with copy cataloging.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Technical Services Library Assistant, located at the Lee Main Campus, is responsible for ordering collection materials and library supplies, maintaining records of library purchases, and forwarding invoices to the Business Office for payment. This role is responsible for cataloging new materials, compiling library statistics, producing reports, and assisting in circulation services.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Create requisitions using the NC E-Procurement system and CCCC eForms for ordering library collection materials and supplies. Receive and process shipments and coordinate with vendors to resolve any order discrepancies
- Code, scan, and submit original approved invoices to the Business Office for payment.
- Maintain spreadsheets for library budget expenditures.
- Perform copy cataloging, update holdings and maintain the accuracy and currency of the library catalog for all campus locations. Communicate with the System Office about materials requiring original cataloging.
- Coordinate and supervise the inventory of the collections at all campuses.
- Gather and tally library gate count and quick reference statistics. Compile, produce, and maintain all library statistical reports.
- Track acquisitions and budget expenditure data.
- Provide compiled collection and budget data upon request.
- Design and run system-generated reports as needed, and provide reports to staff as requested
- Assist at the circulation desk as assigned or as needed.
- Assist in making student IDs and managing study room reservations.
- Provide patrons with computer, printer, and photocopier support.
- Assist with keeping the book collections in order.
- Open the library one day per week or as needed.
- May be assigned to work other hours and/or at other campus locations as needed.
- Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Learning Resources
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Library Assistant will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences, and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.