Closes: Friday, January 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s degree in library/information science, information systems or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- One year work experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- One year work experience in a customer service role.
- Bachelor’s degree in library science, information systems or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- One year of experience in a library position with technology-related duties or commensurate experience in a technology-related field.
- One year work experience using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- One year work experience requiring maintenance and troubleshooting of computer hardware and software.
- Completion of one online course as a student or instructor.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Library Services Assistant reports directly to the Dean of Library Services and is responsible for the daily operations of the library at the Service Desk and public services to students. This position also provides assistance to users of technologies in the library and Library Computer Lab.
- Perform opening procedures for the department each morning.
- Coordinate, manage, and perform Service Desk activities and shelf maintenance.
- Provide assistance to library patrons using computers, computer software, and equipment and backup assistance in the Library Computer Lab.
- Provide basic reference service in person and online to faculty, staff, students, and other library patrons.
- Process interlibrary loan requests and maintain accurate records.
- Organize and maintain the reserve materials system.
- Troubleshoot and maintain computer workstations, computer peripherals, and equipment used in the library.
- Maintain accurate records of overdue materials and flag delinquent patron records in the College records management system.
- Requisition and maintain an accurate inventory of printer supplies.
- Perform or direct the systematic discarding of library materials and maintain accurate records.
OTHER LIBRARY DUTIES
- Train and supervise library work-study students and verify accuracy of completed work.
- Create and regularly rotate displays and signage to promote the use of library resources and services.
- Assist the Electronic Services Librarian in promoting student and faculty engagement using traditional and social media methods.
- Compile statistics and maintain accurate records in areas of responsibility in adherence to state and accrediting regulations.
- Maintain up-to-date work procedures.
- Participate in activities that contribute to individual professional development in support of the mission of the department.
- Participate in departmental and institutional meetings and announced co-curricular activities of the College.
- Actively contribute to the annual planning process.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Dean of Library Services.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations. Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205