Haywood Community College
185 Freedlander Dr.
Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's Degree in English, History, Library Science, Educational Media, School Library Media or related field.
Intermediate to advanced experience in computer use, and troubleshooting. One year or more of experience in a library position. Strong interpersonal, team, and written/oral communication skills. Working knowledge of current audiovisual equipment such as video cameras, digital cameras, projection systems, etc.
Primarily responsible for providing service to library patrons, students and campus personnel.
** This is a full-time non-exempt staff position working 11 months per year. **
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Provide circulation services to library patrons.
- Provide basic reference services to all faculty, staff, students and community members who request reference desk support, under the supervision of the director.
- Minor troubleshooting of library equipment and computers.
- Assist with interlibrary loan.
- May assist with cataloging, under the supervision of the director.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of information resources including electronic databases and the Internet.
- Assist the director with preparation of reports.
- Ensure physical, virtual and intellectual access to information resources.
- Assist with the periodic evaluation, assessment, and planning of library program functions and strategic plan, under the supervision of the director.
- Assist with the development and revision of appropriate instructional and support materials, under the supervision of the director.
- Exercise a professional and customer service orientation in performing job duties.
- Foster collaboration among departments by ensuring that the information and instructional systems are supporting the teaching, learning, and administrative functions of the college.
- May assist with library web page management.
- Perform other duties as assigned and other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Interact with students, the public, the community, and co-workers in a cooperative, courteous, and professional manner.
- Serve on appropriate committees and teams as assigned
- May operate college vehicles for occasional travel
- Comply with the college's policies and procedures as outlined in the Faculty and Staff Policies and Procedures Handbook
Active NC Driver's License required if position requires the operation of college vehicle as part of duties. Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Background check required.
Ability to lift and carry books and audiovisual equipment. Frequently communicates with students, potential students, faculty, staff and general public regarding inquiries and must be able to exchange knowledgeable information in these situations and provide assistance in a multilevel facility where ascending/descending stairs or using elevator is necessary. Moderate mixture of sitting, standing, and walking. Repetitive motion from computer/keyboard usage.
All of the work will be conducted indoors, in an open, multi-user office/service area environment.
Eyestrain from computer usage and reading.
Personal Protective Equipment
The college may from time to time provide safety training that includes the use of PPE equipment that may protect the user against the potential for health or safety risks in the workplace.
How to Apply
To Apply Submit:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at www.haywood.edu, click on the HCC Jobs tab then select position applying for.
- Application must be complete for consideration- do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Must provide 3 professional references with email addresses.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the final candidate to the college president.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.