Closes: Monday, June 19, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate of Applied Science in Computer Information System or equivalent experience and education.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office 365, and working in a cloud environment
Ability to speak Spanish
The LMS Technician will provide administrative support and training for faculty and students on the Learning Management System (LMS) and support faculty in designing and evaluating courses that meet all federal, state requirements and conform to best practices in distance education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide individual and group training and assistance to students and faculty.
- Handle user questions and requests for help/assistance.
- Create and categorize course shells for Instructors for each academic term.
- Generate and/or update user profiles, enroll students and instructors in courses.
- Research version upgrades to the Moodle (Open LMS) product to include ensuring that the updates function as advertised and report to Open LMS/provider any discrepancies.
- Research ideas and products that hold potential for improving the local instance of Moodle.
- Assist instructors in acquiring, installing publisher provided test banks.
- Generate and submit notifications to Open LMS Support when problems arise.
- Enable features and plugins in the Moodle/OpenLMS product to meet the needs of our user community.
- Ensure that auto backups of all active Moodle courses are archived with Amazon Web Services. Retrieve, restore archived backups from AWS as needed.
- Develop and maintain LMS templates for online, hybrid, and blended courses.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Student Resources and Distance Learning, conduct annual evaluations of online, hybrid, and blended courses.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve on committees and teams as assigned.
- Comply with the College's policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as necessary.
How to Apply
Please go to our website to see the position announcements and apply online.
Job Post Contact
Tiina Mundy, Director of Human Resources
Bladen Community College
PO Box 266, Dublin, NC 28332
Phone - 910.879.5556
Fax - 910.862.2801