- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, August 15, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and demonstrated competencies in the teaching discipline or Computer-Integrated Machining
- At least 3 years of experience working as a machinist
- Must have CNC experience and be very familiar with CNC programming
- Licensure and/or certification requirements specific to the teaching discipline and external governing agencies shall be on file with Human Resources
- Effective in directing and evaluating student learning and hands-on performance and be prepared in educational theory and techniques.
- Previous teaching experience at a community college or university, experience using instructional technologies, and teaching online courses are preferred
Since quality instruction is the primary function of the college, it is the principal responsibility of each Instructor to effectively and efficiently stimulate learning in every course. The purpose of this position is to provide a comprehensive, educational instructional program committed to quality teaching and successful student achievement. This course provides proper technique, safety, and detail which are essential skills of trades professionals. Format for the course will include classroom instruction and individualized demonstrations of skills utilized in the field.
- Provide classroom and online instruction to students
- Prepare lesson plans and schedule classroom activities
- Develop and prepare supplement materials to enhance lessons
- Develop and prepare tests to evaluate student performance, grade record individual scores
- Provide classroom demonstrations on various technology; develop assignments to provide hands on experience as appropriate
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and performance
- Maintain and submit all required paperwork in a neat, accurate and timely fashion, including but not limited to class rosters, pay sheets, attendance forms and grade rosters
- Oversee the implementation of policies and procedures related to required teaching area and in accordance with SCC policies and guidelines
- Stay aware of new developments with the exams and preparation
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Classroom instructional techniques and procedures.
- Principles and procedures of academic and instructional program development and administration in the area of assignment.
- Current trends, research, and development in the area of assignment.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations, as appropriate.
- Prepare lesson plans and schedule classroom activities.
- Create effective instruction for delivery in both online and physical classrooms while maintaining compliance with ADA standards.
- Interpret and apply federal, state, and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
How to Apply
Salary is dependent upon qualifications, experience, and labor market.
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Initial review of applications will be August 15, 2022. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact