Mail and Print Production Specialist
Closes: Friday, March 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's Degree, AND
- At least two years previous printing experience, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of all aspects of in plant printing functions. Knowledge of USPS, UPS and other carriers.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to interact with all contacts verbally and in writing in accordance with CCCC procedures and policies.
- Valid NC driver’s license.
- Must have technical aspects of printing.
- Must have English grammar, punctuation and spelling skills with accurate proofreading.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and orally.
- Knowledge of methods, equipment, materials and techniques used in the composition, graphics, printing, and binding of documents required.
- Ability to collaborate well with others.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment.
- Graphic Design knowledge
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Mail and Print Production Specialist is responsible for fulfilling the printing, mailing, copying and copyright clearance directives of the Business Services Department, in support of the College’s mission.
May travel as required to support the mission of CCCC.
This position will require exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Operate all equipment including production copier/printers, (color, black & white,wide format, envelope printer), postage meter, folding, laminating, shrink wrap,inserter, cutting machines (hydraulic and manual) and perforating machine.
- Complete copy requests (manual and electronic).
- Work closely with customers on orders (advising, pre-design, samples, deadlines,feedback).
- Graphic design work for internal customers of the college.
- Ability to assist in applying graphics onto walls, vehicles, etc.
- Ability to create apparel, merchandise, promotional items using transfers and heatpress.
- Perform routine maintenance on copiers, laminator, cutting machines and shrinkwrapper.
- Provide superior customer service in all aspects of Business Services (courier,printing, food and vending services).
- Handle CCCC mail distribution (internal and external)
- Process USPS mail along with UPS shipments and maintain documentation.
- Maintain an updated inventory on paper supplies, toners, office supplies.
- Order toner and staples for all copiers.
- Perform finishing duties related to printed products, including folding, envelope insertion, booklets and binding as needed.
- Serve on college committees.
- Perform other department duties as assigned.
- Maintain knowledge of new technological developments related to print production.
- Actively seek ways to improve mail and print shop function, process and procedures
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Mail and Print Production Specialist will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources
1105 Kelly Drive, Sanford, NC 27540