Flat Rock, North Carolina; Henderson County
Closes: Friday, August 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Under the Direction of the Construction Project Coordinator, the Maintenance Personnel is to maintain the buildings at the highest level so that the facilities may be used at all times.
Education: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One year of general building maintenance experience. All applicants must provide verifiable and relevant professional experience in a work-place setting.
Knowledge and Skills:
● Valid driver’s license.
● Must possess strong personal and professional integrity, good interpersonal skills, effective verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety.
● General knowledge in terminology associated with plumbing, electrical, heating, and HVAC.
● Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, database systems, college email, website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
● Work effectively in and around the public, understand and carry out oral and written instructions, maintain working relationships, while at the same time demonstrating sensitivity to and respect for a diverse population.
● Ability to work independently and in a team environment
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines. Must be comfortable working on flat roofs, step ladders and extension ladders, boom lifts and scissor lifts.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact