Closes: Sunday, January 12, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High school graduate.
- Training in horticulture and general maintenance.
- Three years of maintenance/grounds experience.
- Associate degree in horticulture.
- Certificate in skilled trades:plumbing, HVAC, structural, electrical
- Five years of maintenance/grounds experience.
The Maintenance Staff reports to the Facilities Operations Manager and is responsible for completing general maintenance task as assigned on campus buildings, roofs, parking lots, grounds and maintenance equipment. Maintenance Staff is also responsible for the design, planting, and maintenance of the grounds and the upkeep of the walks, drainage, gutters, roofs and parking lot areas in order to assure that the general campus appearance is safe and attractive for the students and employees.
- Performs general maintenance tasks as assigned by the Facilities Operations Manager including, but not limited to, routine maintenance tasks such as pest control, pick-up, and delivery of supplies and materials.And including moving furniture, performing simple repairs, and maintenance tasks, lawn maintenance, painting, and providing assistance as needed to other staff in order to assure that the facilities are operationally sound and safe for the College occupants.
- Perform housekeeping tasks such as cleaning restrooms, floor maintenance, emptying trash, policing buildings for debris, and other general tasks in order to provide and attractive physical plant.
- Keep campus clean and free of debris including exterior trash containers, recycling items, limbs, ground paper and trash, windows, pests, and other obstacles as necessary.
- Plans and maintains landscape, plantings, soil conditions, watering, pruning, mulching, weeding, fertilizing and propagation of new and existing beds and performs upkeep such as mowing weed-eating, seeding, mulch, leaf removal, limb removal, fertilizer, and weed control for all properties owned by the College.
- Works with powered and manual equipment and tools in a safe manner.
- Installs and maintains accessories such as: signs, pavers, walkways, gutters, benches, water gardens, stone and masonry walls, underground drainage and other items as assigned by the Facilities Operations Manager.
- Maintains the tools and equipment used for grounds and maintenance- keeping effort to keep them functional and safe to operate.Maintain work area clean and free of debris.
- Perform distribution of salt and sand during snow and ice conditions and includes operation of equipment for snow and ice removal.
- Safely uses pesticides and chemicals by following printed directions for control of pests and rodents and maintains personal licensure for the use thereof as required.
- Attends seminars, workshops and classes to maintain licensure and remain up to date on changes in regulations and technology.
- Work graduation ceremony, including altering work schedule, and report for duty during bad weather for tree removal, snow removal or ice removal as part of the Inclement Weather Team.
- Actively participate in “on-call” duties such as lunch rotation
- Participate in door lock/unlock schedule.
- Readily cross train with other department team members.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205