Brunswick Community College
50 College Road NE
Bolivia, NC 28422
Closes: Friday, August 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School or equivalent
- Valid NC Driver's license, with a good driving record
- One to three year(s) experience of mechanical, carpentry, industrial, and equipment operator experience
- HVAC experience a plus but not required
Working in an higher education environment.
Using knowledge and expertise in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems maintenance and repair, performs a variety of skilled maintenance work to repair, and remodel College buildings, facilities, electrical and mechanical systems, equipment, and fixtures; as assigned. Employee will safely operate College vehicles and equipment; practices safe work processes and contributes to the creation and maintenance of a safe working environment for self and others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Must be able to perform a variety of repair functions including, but not limited: mechanical; electrical; plumbing and carpentry, and willingness to pursue additional training.
- Ability to perform physical work including but not limited to; moving equipment and supplies; grounds maintenance and occasional lifting required.
- Must be willing to work evening and/or weekends if necessary.
- Ability to communicate with all level of employees of College including the President.
- Must be physically able to exert in excess of one hundred pounds of force occasionally, and in excess of fifty pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of twenty pounds of force constantly to lift carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- The work involves walking and standing, stooping and kneeling, climbing (ascending or descending stairs, ladders, ramps, etc.), balancing (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching), handling (seizing, holding, grasping turning) for prolong periods of time. Other duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalent
- Valid NC Driver's license, with a good driving record.
- One to three year(s) experience of mechanical, carpentry, industrial, and equipment operator experience.
- HVAC experience a plus but not required.
How to Apply
A completed and signed Brunswick Community College application, a letter stating your qualifications related to the position requirements, skills and abilities, unofficial transcripts, and resume are preferred for most positions.
Applications can be found online at www.brunswickcc.edu
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to any of the following:
Human Resources, Brunswick Community College
PO Box 30
Supply, NC, 28462
Fax (910) 754-8229
Telephone: (910) 755-7300
BCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer