- Skilled Crafts
Closes: Friday, December 14, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of work experience in one or more of following areas: general maintenance, minor electrical repairs, plumbing and servicing HVAC equipment.
- Working knowledge of operating small and large equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to follow OSHA safety regulations.
- The ability to work well with co-workers, and the public.
- Demonstrate professionalism in attitude and work ethics.
- Initiative towards job performance and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to organize/prioritize tasks
- Ability to work well with others
- Understanding and knowledge of HVAC systems
- Knowledge of and ability to repair small gas/diesel engines
- Mechanical knowledge
- Physically capable of sustained lifting of up to 50 lbs., standing, crouching, climbing
- Ability to perform job duties in adverse weather conditions
- Vocational skills training in electrical repairs and HVAC.
- NC limited Electrical License
- Heating Contracting group 2 License
- Work experience in commercial HVAC repairs and installation
In support of the overall College, the Maintenance Technician will work with a team of Plant & Maintenance Operations staff (Maintenance Technician, Administrative Assistant, Custodial) to provide general maintenance and support in a commercial facility environment for the Southeastern Community College campus. In order to accomplish the objectives of this position, the Maintenance Technician performs the following functions:
- Provides general maintenance of campus buildings and grounds, including completion of maintenance work orders as assigned.
- Installs and repairs electrical systems.
- Services air conditioning and heating systems.
- Performs minor plumbing repairs and installations.
- Performs minor vehicle maintenance and/ or transports vehicles to local repair facilities.
- Moves and sets up equipment as needed.
- Performs minor renovation and construction projects.
- Assists in the Central Receiving operations.
- Assist in the set-up and break-down of campus events.
- Perform general roof maintenance.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Director of Facilities in support of college maintenance program.
How to Apply
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. First review of applications will begin December 14, 2018. Applications accepted until filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310. www.sccnc.edu.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact