522 N. Old Carriage Road, Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Closes: Thursday, April 29, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Must have a high School Diploma and valid driver’s license.
Must be able to meet the working conditions: Moderate physical effort required involving long periods of standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching overhead and periodic pushing, lifting and carrying items up to 25 lbs.; frequently traveling between buildings on campus; routine discomfort from exposure to moderate levels of heat, cold, moisture, air pollution, fumes, odors, poor ventilation, dust, chemical and mechanical hazards.
Preference given to applicants with prior HVAC experience and HVAC qualifications.
Responsible for the general maintenance of all physical facilities, grounds, and other equipment owned, leased or otherwise utilized by NCC.
- Help keep all vehicles in good repair and report any safety concerns to Director of Facilities.
- Perform routine maintenance on all HVAC mechanical systems.
- Check all lighting fixtures for blown tubes and bulbs; replace when necessary. Replace ballast as needed.
- Keep all plumbing fixtures in working order.
- Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner and track preventive maintenance and various maintenance repairs through normal maintenance/facility tracking methods as directed by the Director of Facilities. (i.e. replace bulbs, replace existing malfunctioning machines, coordinate with Associate VP of Instruction to address problems and installation, maintain bulb stock, repair minor problems with machines, assembly and move furniture as needed.)
- Keep all janitorial supplies under lock and key; see that the janitors are supplied with the proper amount of supplies.
- Paint facilities as needed.
- Keep all equipment in good working condition.
- Assist grounds keeping with any items as needed or assigned by the Director of Facilities.
- Assist housekeeping with any items as needed or assigned by the Director of Facilities.
- Report any security concerns to the Director of Facilities.
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule any day of the week.
- Be familiar with OSHA regulations and report any known deficiencies.
- Practice safe work habits such as lifting, climbing, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities.