201 Highway U.S. 321
Dallas, NC 28034
Closes: Saturday, May 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED/HSE required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- At least two years of maintenance experience in an institutional or industrial environment required.
- General skills in plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and preventive maintenance required.
- Strong technical, mechanical and problem-solving skills required.
- Must possess basic math skills and the ability to read blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Fingerprinting required upon hire.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) certification required. In addition to the standard background check, this position requires having a clear fingerprint-based criminal records search through the State Bureau of Investigation (SBI).
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to perform maintenance-related duties as described herein for at least 8 hours per day. Additional hours per day may be required occasionally.
- Ability to walk continuously and at times on uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to tolerate weather conditions such as extreme heat and cold and work in tight or confined spaces and at heights.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs and to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Specialized vocational courses preferred.
- Experience with HVAC systems, gas and oil fired boilers, and welding preferred.
- Electrical or HVAC licensing preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities Management and the Maintenance Supervisor, competently perform preventive maintenance which includes routine inspections, basic machinery and equipment installations, and minor repairs to ensure their proper operation and function. Provide maintenance support on both the Dallas Campus and the Kimbrell Campus as assigned. Assignments may include general internal and external building and grounds maintenance, light carpentry, painting, changing light bulbs and fixtures, repair of minor electrical devices, and light plumbing or HVAC according to training and experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all assignments in a competent and timely manner.
- Adhere to all safety requirements and wears the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the job and champions overall safety in the department. Reports possible safety issues and recommends appropriate changes.
- Perform preventive maintenance which includes routine inspections, basic machinery and equipment installations and minor repairs to ensure their proper operation and function.
- Perform general internal and external building maintenance which may include light carpentry, painting, light plumbing, changing of light bulbs and fixtures, and repair of minor electrical devices, and light plumbing or HVAC according to training and experience.
- Maintain all records, such as work orders, and necessary reports to ensure accurate recording of activities.
- Process work order requests in a timely and professional manner.
- With approval, order necessary parts, devices, etc. to properly repair or complete assigned work orders.
- Maintain adequate inventory of related parts and related items to perform assigned duties.
- Regularly and effectively communicates possible preventive and other maintenance-related needs.
- Set up and operate various hand and machine tools (e.g., saws, drills and drill presses, grinders, torches, welders, hoists, cranes, and measuring and testing instruments). Maintain all tools and equipment in clean, safe, working order.
- Read, interpret, and follow specifications, blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings as needed.
- Perform troubleshooting and diagnostics as necessary to repair equipment and systems.
- Make recommendations on tasks or projects that may require the use of an outside contractor or specialist.
- Operate motor vehicles and powered industrial equipment (e.g., forklift) and transports materials as needed.
- Perform minor repairs to janitorial power cleaning equipment.
- Respond professionally to customer needs and maintain friendly, efficient, positive customer service at all times. Interact effectively, build relationships and demonstrate a high level of cooperation.
- Serve on departmental and/or college committees as requested and needed.
- Must be flexible with schedule and be on call as needed.
- Maintain technical skills and required certifications to perform job duties.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact