Closes: Tuesday, June 6, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Must be able to perform maintenance-related duties as described herein for at least 8 hours per day. Additional hours may be required occasionally.
- Ability to walk continuously and at times on uneven surfaces required.
- Must be able to tolerate weather conditions such as extreme heat and cold and work in tight or confined spaces and at heights.
- Must be able to climb ladders, stairs, and lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 75 pounds.
- In addition to regular hours, this position may require overtime, evening and weekend work hours, and on-call hours in case of an emergency. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as needed, including emergency-oriented projects to maintain facilities and operations.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- General skills in HVAC, plumbing, and/or electrical preventive maintenance
- Must possess a valid NC Driver’s License
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Good work record required
- Must have a clean background check
- Three (3) years’ experience in general maintenance
- AAS in Facility Maintenance
- Five (5) years full-time work as maintenance technician
To perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance tasks relating to the upkeep and operation of campus buildings and facilities; to perform preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment; to perform minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry repairs. The maintenance technician will be responsible for the Tarboro and Rocky Mount campuses but will be stationed on the Tarboro campus.
Maintenance personnel are expected to report to work even when the College is closed due to inclement weather or other reasons. Supervisors will approve time off at a later date in the same amount as the time worked when the college was closed. Employees who do NOT report for work on a scheduled workday when the College has closed and other maintenance personnel are working, will be required to use Annual Leave for the time missed that day.
- Perform skilled work in maintenance, construction, inspection and repairs of buildings and equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all HVAC systems.
- Troubleshoot problems with buildings and equipment.
- Assist in the repair, replacement or installation of electrical and plumbing equipment.
- Perform minor carpentry work.
- Operate assigned motorized vehicles, hand tools, power tools, and other equipment.
- Must be familiar with state and federal EPA, OSHA, NEC, and NFPA safety compliance requirements.
- Assure the overall safety of interior and exterior buildings and grounds of the campus.
- Assist with stripping and waxing floors.
- Assist in setting up equipment, tables, chairs, etc. for special events.
- Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as assigned by administration and supervision.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Jessica Balazsi, Director of Human Resources
Edgecombe Community College
2009 West Wilson St. Tarboro, NC 27886