Closes: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma or equivalent with basic skills in electrical, HVAC, mechanical, plumbing required.
- At least two years experience in general facilities maintenance or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Valid NC Driver's License.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Associate Degree or Diploma in Industrial Systems Technology or Industrial Maintenance.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Maintenance Technician will troubleshoot problems reported and make repairs to facilities and equipment. Technician will assist with HVAC repairs and preventive maintenance as well as furniture and equipment moving and surplus. Also, employee will make minor renovations and alterations to facilities. This position will work on the Chatham County campus in Pittsboro.
This position is open until filled and may close without notice.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Performs skilled trades work in the maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment.
- Performs a variety of building, facility, and equipment maintenance and repair activities including plumbing, electrical, and carpentry tasks.
- Employees are subject to working in indoor and outdoor environments during the summer and winter.
- Performs preventive maintenance, monitoring and preventive repairs.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing fixtures, clears drain obstructions, installs valves, and repairs leaks to toilet and kitchen plumbing fixtures; installs plumbing lines and systems.
- Assists HVAC technicians with preventive maintenance and work repair projects.
- Moves furniture, set up rooms and facilities for functions.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Assume other duties assigned by Maintenance Supervisor and Physical Plant Manager.