Morehead City, NC
Closes: Sunday, December 4, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: High school diploma or equivalency. Preferred: Trades classes or certifications related to one or more specialized areas.
Knowledge and Skills:
Two to four years of experience in the performance of the full range of journey level tasks associated with two or more highly complex mechanical or building trades, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Must possess good verbal and written communication skills as well as basic computer skills. Preferred: Possess knowledge of local, state, and national codes pertaining to assigned trade and possess current knowledge of blueprint reading, standard concepts, practices, codes and procedures within the construction field.
The employee is regularly required to use power and hand tools. The employee frequently is required to walk, stand, climb ladders, and crawl in small, confined spaces. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and work in elevated locations up to 50 feet. The noise level in the work environment is sometimes noisy.
Valid driver’s license is required. Forklift and personal life equipment certification desired.
Preferred: EAP Refrigeration certification or other mechanical or building trades certifications or training may be required, depending on assigned responsibilities.
See minimum qualifications
Join the Carteret Community College team of Maintenance Technicians! We are looking for a full-time Maintenance Technician to join the Operations & Facilities team on our campus in Morehead City, NC and satellite facilities.
Benefits include pension (5 years vesting), paid sick leave, paid vacation leave, paid holidays, low-cost health insurance and low-cost optional insurance such as vision and dental insurance.
Apply online at www.carteret.edu/jobs.
Under the supervision and direction of the Maintenance Technician performs specialized and routine repairs and maintenance of the College facilities, equipment and grounds.
Hourly Pay Rate: $15 to $17.50 per hour, commensurate with experience
Essential Duties include:
- Performs all types of preventative maintenance and repairs to facilities and equipment.
- Performs landscape maintenance duties as directed, including trash and debris clean-up and removal.
- Maintains hard and permeable campus surfaces.
- Responsible for periodic reports, inspections, inventory and time sheet.
- Participates in storm preparedness & clean-up, and snow and ice removal, coordinating with key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Assists in moving furniture, college event set-ups, take-downs and cleanup.
- Responds to emergencies during off-duty hours as needed.
- Serve on College committees and task forces as assigned.
- Attend required campus events including graduation, professional development, & employee meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work will be performed in a variety of conditions and environments including adverse weather, temperature extremes, dust, noise and other situations that may require personal protective equipment. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
How to Apply
Apply online at Maintenance Technician I
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer.
Job offers are conditional subject to a successful background check.
Carteret Community College serves and empowers our students and coastal community by providing high-quality education, workforce training, and lifelong enrichment in an innovative and inclusive learning environment.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557