Closes: Monday, February 15, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Must have journeyman knowledge of work methods, tools, and materials associated with electrical, pneumatic, plumbing, hydraulics, large and small engine repair on a commercial and industrial level. A minimum of three years’ journeyman experience in two or more trades.
Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Helps installs, repairs, or replaces electrical circuits, lighting, distribution panels, feeder cables, circuit breakers, switches, rough-ins, trim-outs, etc.
- Changes light bulbs and tubes and replaces ballasts and light fixtures.
- Measure, cut, thread, bend and install conduits and other piping.
- Performs maintenance, installation, and repair of all types of plumbing, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Installs, repairs, and services motors, pumps, fans, and air compressors.
- Installs, repairs, and replaces various sized compressors.
- Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions in mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Performs inspections and preventive maintenance on equipment and systems.
- Operates and assists in maintenance of electrical and pneumatic control systems and equipment.
- Replaces air filters and greases air handling units.
- Preventative maintenance of air compressors
- Repairs and maintains plumbing fixtures, pipelines, and sewer traps.
- Installs water heaters, drinking fountains, drains, faucets, valves, and pumps.
- Repairs or replaces flush valves, toilets, and urinals.
- Maintain, repair, and replace plumbing lines.
- Service and repair of service trucks, tractors, lawn mowers, ATV’s and other small engines.
- Responds to emergencies after hours as required.
- Monitors inventories and reorders parts and supplies as required.
- Operates equipment such as bucket trucks and forklifts.
- Helps with mowing, trimming, and other general maintenance.
- Assist with inclement weather needs.
- Some evening and weekend work required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities.
How to Apply
For detailed information and how to apply please go to our website: http://www.bladencc.edu/campus-resources/human-resources/
Human Resources: Phone: 910.879.5500
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer