Closes: Monday, May 20, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma or equivalent with basic skills in electrical, HVAC, mechanical, plumbing required.
- At least three years experience in maintenance experience such as electrical distribution equipment, lighting, HVAC, air compressors, pumps, and other facilities related equipment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Valid NC Driver's License.
- Associate Degree or Diploma in Industrial Systems Technology or Industrial Maintenance.
CCCC is recruiting for a full-time Maintenance Technician position based at Lee Main Campus in Sanford. The Technician will troubleshoot problems reported and make repairs to facilities and equipment, assist in minor renovations and alterations, and will assist with HVAC repairs and preventive maintenance as well as furniture and equipment moving and surplus.
- Performs difficult skilled trades work in the maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment.
- Performs a variety of building, facility, and equipment maintenance and repair activities including heating/air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and masonry tasks. Work requires significant independent initiative and advanced knowledge of trade practices and skills.
- Employees are subject to working in inside and outside environments, extreme temperatures, and hazards in the work including exposures to loud noises, vibrations, proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working in high places, exposure to chemicals, fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, and oils.
- Duties may expose employees to human body fluids and thus they are subject to the OSHA requirements on bloodborne pathogens.
- Workers are also subject to work in close quarters such as crawl spaces and small rooms. Performs journey level trades construction, installation and repair work to systems, buildings, grounds, and facilities; performs preventive maintenance, monitoring and preventive repairs.
- Maintains interior and exterior lighting; installs and replaces electrical fixtures; installs and repairs switches and outlets; installs wiring; replaces switches, sockets, plugs, fuses, insulators, etc; changes and repairs electrical motors, controllers, and other electrical equipment.
- Repairs, remodels, and/or replaces building structures, offices, and performs a variety of skilled carpentry tasks; hangs, replaces, or repairs sheet rock and wall, cabinets, doors, window, floors, ceilings, etc.; fabricates or repairs furniture and cabinets.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing fixtures, unstops drains, installs valves, and repairs leaks to toilet and kitchen plumbing fixtures; installs plumbing lines and systems.
- Assists in major HVAC work repair projects; trouble-shoots and replaces parts; repairs boilers.
- Operates college vehicles, ladders, dump trucks, back hoe, and lawn equipment.
- Paints a variety of surfaces, repairs carpet, moves furniture, set up rooms and facilities for functions.
- Builds and repairs bookshelves, desks and cabinets; welds signs, gates, handrails, etc. to repairs or builds and repairs trailers and a variety other equipment.
- Replaces and repairs door locks; prepares keys.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Assume other duties assigned by Maintenance Supervisor and Physical Plant Manager.