Closes: Friday, July 19, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Proven experience of two to five years is required in the building maintenance field with a concentration in commercial HVAC applications. The successful candidate is also expected to have general knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and general maintenance repairs. The candidate also must have chiller knowledge and computer skills related to HVAC controls. The successful candidate must be willing to earn any appropriate licenses as required by the college. Successful candidate must have a valid NC Drivers Licenses. Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
The maintenance technician will assist the maintenance team with preventive maintenance of equipment in 20 major buildings / 6 greenhouses totaling approximately 500,000 sq. ft. and help to keep all buildings safe and in good working condition for faculty, staff, students and visitors. Also, they shall assist, as needed, on new construction/renovations and grounds.
1. Electrical and mechanical maintenance on all buildings on campus
2. Maintenance of fire alarms, clocks, emergency lighting, outside lighting, plumbing, electrical panels, and equipment
3. Helps install new electrical wiring
4. Change filters, maintenance on all air compressors and air handling units
5. Grease all air handling units
6. Inspect fire extinguishers and keep records
7. Other related duties as required by supervisor
How to Apply
Job Post Contact