Closes: Friday, June 16, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others.
- Skill in the use of computers and commitment to use of technology.
- Experience with current version of MS Office or similar programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide leadership in anticipating and responding to change.
- Provide exceptional customer service with people internal and external to the institution.
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Flexible and adapts to change.
- Ability to multi-task with multiple departments and activities of others.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Licensed Electrician preferred.
- Relevant electrician certifications.
- Familiarity with the National Electric Code.
The Maintenance Technician installs, operates, and maintains plumbing, mechanical, and electrical equipment. This position requires knowledge of and compliance with all state and local codes. This position will also ensure that all routine maintenance work is handled on a regular schedule to reduce the risk of larger and more complex issues and to reduce costs.
Essential Duties Summary
- General maintenance, to include repairs and replacements to HVAC, electrical and/or plumbing systems as assigned.
- Perform general repairs on equipment as required to ensure that safety and the teaching and learning environment are not affected.
- Determine the reasons for any malfunctions of systems or components, and create a maintenance or repair plan to solve the problem.
- Test systems with devices such as voltmeters, oscilloscopes and ohmmeters to ensure the system remains safe and that components are compatible.
- Secure parts and supplies as needed.
- Obtain quotes from vendors as necessary for services as directed by the Director of Physical Plant.
- Read blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and manuals to implement work.
- Assist with setting up of facilities for internal and external events.
- Assist with snow and/or ice removal when conditions arise.
- Respond to emergencies outside of regular work hours when assigned by the Director of Physical Plant.
- Assist with all other work orders as assigned.
- Participate in professional and staff development opportunities.
- Serve on committees as required.
- Treat students and colleagues respectfully, speak to others courteously, and behave in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interaction that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned and other related duties herein.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact