Closes: Tuesday, March 21, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
2. One + years’ experience in the management of multiple enterprise-level software applications.
3. Demonstrated proficiency with Unix and/or Linux, current Windows Server operating systems.
4. Experience implementing and supporting enterprise imaging/document management systems (SoftDocs).
5. Experience in Early Alert Systems – Watermark (AVISO).
6. Experience in developing E-Forms (Etrieve/Doc-u-Sign).
7. Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
8. Ability and desire to use team-building skills.
9. Willingness to pursue ongoing professional development and training opportunities as provided by the College.
1. One+ years experience with Ellucian Colleague or other enterprise education platform (preferred).
2. One+ years experience with an enterprise-level report generation solution (preferred).
In partnership with other Technology Division personnel and management:
1. Assist MIS Administrator with implementation, evaluation and support of college-wide information systems and technologies.
2. Assist MIS Administrator with review of ideas for information technology equipment and software to ensure they meet college standards and future requirements.
3. Assist MIS Administrator with development of college-wide information security standards.
Application Management and Support
Under oversight of MIS Administrator and Director of Information Technology:
1. Provide administration and support for enterprise applications within scope of responsibility.
2. Assist with the development, compilation, and extraction of datasets used for analysis and reports from Etrieve, ID/Badge Systems, Timekeeper and Colleague systems.
3. Add, change and remove user level security for access to all enterprise systems by monitoring, creating, changing and removing Colleague and Active Directory accounts.
4. Monitor and apply patches and upgrades for applications within scope.
5. Test and troubleshoot results of applied patches and upgrades to Softdocs/Etrieve, Ellucian Colleague and other applications within scope.
6. Analyze data integrity issues and determine appropriate steps to clean up data to maintain integrity of all applications within scope.
7. Work with departments to analyze processes and improve efficiencies where possible.
8. Implement new software systems by coordinating efforts with departments and vendors, installing, and supporting various applications.
9. Provide training for faculty and staff to more fully utilize software features and modules.
10. Coordinate and work with support vendors when needed for support or information.
11. Additional duties as assigned by the MIS Administrator and the Director of Information Technology.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College
Western Piedmont Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values and encourages campus diversity in students, faculty, and staff.