Closes: Monday, May 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma with 3 years of experience in food service. Valid driver’s license required. ServSafe Certification required.
To oversee all aspects of NCC grill including maintaining food quality, sanitation, excellent customer service, reviewing sales, cost analysis (food and labor), recruiting, hiring, staff training, staff scheduling, performance evaluations, purchasing, inventory management, and safety. Responsible for ensuring all daily operational aspects run smoothly.
- Supervise all operations of the onsite café services, catering services, and food trailer services.
- Oversee food preparation and serving operations to assure that food is prepared in a cost-effective way while complying with health regulations.
- Hire, train, supervise, and monitor the performance of and motivate the Midway Café staff.
- Assess the campus food service needs and coordinate with Administration to implement plans to meet those needs
- Enforce and follow all government requirements for health and safety codes. Must maintain a Sanitation Grade of 90 or above.
- Reconcile the End of Day Reports and deposits.
- Ensure that café personnel routinely monitor and clean customer eating and vending area (i.e. tables and chairs wiped daily, trash is picked up from tables and floors, chairs pushed under tables, small spills are cleaned up), and student microwaves are cleaned.
- Update digital menu board as needed.
- Ensure grill cook area, storage area, office area, etc. are clean, neat, and presentable at all times.
- Ensure products are stored and organized such that inventory management easily occurs.
- No less than annually, schedule and perform major cleaning of all equipment (floors, walls, drains, cabinets, freezers, refrigerators etc.).
- Partner with Groundskeeper to incorporate foods grown on campus into regular menu planning.
- Continue to stay up-to-date on current food trends and find ways to incorporate these in menu choices.
- Assist with preparation of Child Development Center meals as needed.