Closes: Thursday, December 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Industrial Technology, or related field. Equivalent experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience will be considered.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in supervising custodial services for commercial facilities of at least 500k square feet. At a minimum this will include experience in the operations and supervision of custodial and waste management services.
• All candidates must have a minimum of 3 years’ senior supervisory experience with building custodial maintenance operations.
• Proven experience in the oversight and management of service contracts.
• Proven budget responsibility experience for all budgets commensurate with the areas of past operational responsibility.
• National Executive Housekeeping Certification preferred.
• Experience in a higher education facility is preferred.
• Experience in event management is also preferred.
• Experience in waste stream management preferred.
The person in this position reports to the Director of Physical Plant and is responsible for the following:
1. Custodial Services – Management of Custodial Services supervisors and custodial staff; procurement and management of a $800k Custodial labor contract; procurement and management of a $400k Custodial Floor Care contract; procurement and inventory management of Custodial Services supplies and equipment; inspection of facilities for compliance with target APPA standards and reporting to the Director of Physical Plant monthly; assigning and insuring timely completion of incoming Custodial Services service requests; procurement and management of annual exterior pressure washing and window washing contracts along with other small annual custodial blanket contracts as assigned by the Director of Physical Plant.
2. Waste Stream Management – Work with various department heads and GTCC Purchasing Department to develop scope, bid and manage annual contracts with outside vendors to provide services for collection and disposal/recycling of the following types of wastes generated by the college: general trash, cardboard, paper, plastic, hazardous chemicals, petroleum products, tires, batteries, scrap metal, fluorescent ballasts and tubes, electronic waste, medical/biological waste, food waste, secure document shredding. Develop and manage a comprehensive plan for handling the college’s waste stream to the most safe and economical manner possible for the college.
4. Event Setup/Teardown – Obtain requirements for scheduled college events from the GTCC Events Coordinator and work with the Physical Plant Assistant to ensure event setup/teardown and cleanup needs for college events are met.
5. Surplus Furniture and Equipment Management – Management of General Maintenance staff; oversight of routine furniture and equipment moves performed by General Maintenance staff; management of storage, inventory and sales of surplus furniture, equipment and vehicles performed by General Maintenance staff; assigning and insuring timely completion of furniture/equipment move service requests; procurement and management of annual third party off site storage warehousing contracts and other small blanket contracts as assigned by the Director of Physical Plant.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact