Closes: Thursday, March 14, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• A minimum of five years’ work experience in Benefits is required.
• Prior work with and ability to use sound judgment in the application of laws/regulations related to disability, workers’ compensation, FMLA, ADA, etc., required.
• Prior experience managing and administering ACA regulations.
• North Carolina State benefits background is highly desirable.
• Prior payroll experience is preferred.
• Prefer prior experience in researching & negotiating cafeteria benefits with vendors or in working with both Third Party Administrators (TPAs) & self-funded accounts.
This position manages and is responsible for the administration of all functions associated with the administration of the college’s employee benefit and wellness programs for all campuses. The position coordinates and manages all aspects of employee benefits, to include, but not limited to: health insurance, dental, vision, disability insurance, basic and voluntary life insurance, flexible spending account plans, employee assistance program (EAP), retirement, longevity leaves of absence, annual enrollment, wellness, compliance and broker relations and enrollment reconciliation. S/he assists with employee insurance benefit inquiries and claims resolution issues. Ensures compliance with and reporting requirements as mandated by state and federal laws. S/he counsels employees regarding benefits related matters, provides technical assistance in the administration of the college’s benefit plans, develops and drafts communications regarding benefits related matters (e.g., college policy and procedures, legislative changes, newsletters/bulletins, annual enrollments, policy and premium updates), and interacts with third party administrators – benefits brokers, insurance vendors, representatives of the retirement system, the State Health Plan and other agencies and providers in administering the plans. S/he manages Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as Amended, the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and all processes associated with these laws & recordkeeping – to include payroll and other such documentation as may be required or considered best practice. S/he conducts employee onboarding (new employee orientation), organizes health fairs, etc. and performs other related responsibilities deemed appropriate to this position. This position is part of the HR core leadership team.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact