On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, North Carolina
Closes: Thursday, February 21, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Public Education with a teaching certificate in Environmental Education preferred.
Experience Minimum: Three to five years' experience that includes environmental education.
Develop, market, and implement educational and recreational programs and special events. Oversees and manages living and non-living educational displays.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Develop and implement educational and recreational programs and special activities for all audiences.
- Utilize a variety of marketing outlets to promote educational offerings.
- Maintain accurate program offerings on websites, social media, and marketing outlets.
- Provide daily care and feeding of all live educational animals and preform maintenance of their enclosures.
- Maintains current permits for live animal exhibits.
- Provide general clerical and administrative support to the Director.
- Collect, receipt, and deposit payments.
- Procure necessary supplies and resources for programs and educational exhibits.
- With Directors supervision manages allocated budget for educational supplies and exhibits.
- Answers the phone and provides assistance to customers.
- Gives presentations to civic groups and provides tours and information for guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises Howell Woods Program Instructor, and Museum Caretaker.
Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Facebook, and Twitter.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
Employee must have thorough knowledge of safety procedures related to high, precarious places; hazardous materials and blood borne pathogens; zoonotic diseases; venomous plants, insects and animals; fumes or airborne particles; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. First Aid, CPR and/or Wildlife First Responder Training is highly recommended.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact