Closes: Thursday, March 21, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree in a computer or technology field.
- Experience in information security management.
- One year of experience managing cloud-based email solution.
- One year of experience managing PCI compliance.
- One year of experience managing an enterprise firewall solution.
- One year of experience managing security in a Linux and Microsoft environment.
- One year of experience providing end-user security training.
The Information Security Manager reports directly to the Director of Network Services. The Information Security manager serves as the process owner for all ongoing activities that serve to provide appropriate access to and protect the confidentiality and integrity of students, employee, and business information in compliance with SCC’s policies and standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and push or pull up to 200 pounds on carts or other assistive devices.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 12 feet.
- Install, manage and test network cabling or be willing to acquire these skills within the first 6 months of employment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation and be able to drive college vehicles.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Serves as an internal information security consultant to SCC.
- Documents information security policies and procedures and reports all violations to Director of Network Services.
- Provides direct training and oversight to all employees, affiliate marketing partners, alliances, or other third parties, ensuring proper information security clearance in accordance with established organizational information security policies and procedures.
- Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to create information security awareness within SCC.
- Perform information security risk assessments and serves as an internal auditor for information security issues.
- Implements and create information security policies and procedures for the organization.
- Reviews all system-related security plans throughout the organization's network, acting as a liaison to the Director of Network Services.
- Monitors compliance to include PCI compliancy with information security policies and procedures, referring problems to the appropriate department manager.
- Advises the organization with current information about information security technologies and related regulatory issues.
- Monitors the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained.
- Helps the Director of Network Services prepare the disaster recovery plan.
- Coordinates special IT projects at the direction of the Director of Network Services.
- Manage of SCC Bookstore related servers used for Bookstore transactions
- Oversight and management of new user setup and user file security management.
- Manage, configure, and support enterprise anti-virus solution.
- Manage, configure, and support enterprise firewall solution.
- Other duties as assigned for special projects and related to core IT Service’s needs.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- In-house training on IT ticketing system.
- In-house training on PCI compliance.
- In-house training on firewalls.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001